Sunday 5 August 2012

Under construction

Remember a thousand years ago when I said the other-half was working on transforming our very small front garden?  Well, work is continuing but prepared to be stunned and amazed by the latest change.

Here is our front garden wall before:

Boring
And after:

Lo!  The Great Wall of Spa Street. 
If you look to the left you can see the other-half moaning as he loads rubble into the car.

And just to labour the point, a close up (of the wall not the other-half, I wouldn't inflict that on you):

With huge thanks to the brick laying skills of the other-half's brother
The metal inserts originally came from a church and were used to cover heating pipes.  I only hope that they got to the reclamation yard (where we found them) by fair means.  I don't want a wall with bad karma.

However, there is something else under construction which is even more exciting than our thrilling garden wall.  Is such a thing possible, I hear you ask.  Yes it most certainly is, I reply.  Hopefully I will be able to report further in the next couple of days.  Stay tuned, if you can bear the suspense.

I have a rash of doctors/hospital appointments looming over the next couple of weeks, including chemo, a scan and the scary wait for results.  So, as well as exciting construction projects, I can promise you a good deal of whinging.  I'm really selling this blog to you aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment